Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My 30 Seconds With 'The Beetle'


Standing at a crossing, listening to ‘You’re Beautiful’, never did I think that one of my special dream was about to come true. To my right, but heartbreakingly on the other side of the road, came to a halt, a shining new ‘Volkswagen Beetle’. One of the most admired cars in the world, Beetle is any auto enthusiast’s darling. This was one of those times when I prayed for every signal to go faulty and remain red.

It seemed as if it was just rolled out of a showroom, such was the glitter and freshness of the car. But then, owners of a car like Beetle, always keep it flawless and shining. Even from a distance of more than 50 m, the most admired insect had a magical affect on me.

Take a right turn, take a right turn; I kept chanting in my heart, virtually begging to the driver. Believe me, if I was not on a damn tight schedule, and if there were no promises to keep; It wouldn’t have mattered where it turned. I would have been right on its tail, reading every inch of it, till my eyes and heart were satiated.

A sudden honking of horn from the esteemed section of the traffic meant its time. It is green for them.
My heart sank deeper and deeper as I saw ‘The Beetle’ fly in straight. Ensured then, I will have to wait till another day to get to know this beauty.

Oh, she knows she is beautiful. The Beetle, as it caressed past me, behaved just like any beautiful girl, aware of her charm, would do.
Arrogantly ignoring the admiring eyes.

Someday Beetle, someday, you will be in my arms

No comments: